Covid Premium Relief
We’ve extended Car Insurance Premium Relief and introduced Home Insurance Premium Relief.
Using your car less right now or spending more time at home now than before the crisis? For three months receive a monthly 10% cashback on your car and home insurance premiums.
For existing customers
If you accessed premium relief on a vehicle policy before June 30, you don’t need to do anything for that policy. We’re giving you 10% relief for another 3 months, which will be automatically applied.
Looking to access relief for your car or home policies? Follow these steps:
- Log on to manage your policy using your email and date of birth. Login
- At the bottom of each car & home policy card you’ll see a black box asking if you are using your car less or staying at home more due to the COVID-19 crisis: Select <Access Relief>,
- If it’s a car policy answer the question ‘Are you using this car less due to the COVID-19 crisis? ' and hit submit changes.
- If it’s a home policy answer the question ‘‘Are you at this address more due to the COVID-19 crisis?’' and hit submit changes.
- If you answer ‘yes’, over the next three months you will receive a 10% cashback on the monthly portion of your annual premium. Or if you pay by the month, a 10% cashback on your monthly premium.
- Simply repeat this process for each of your car and/or home insurance policies.
- If your policy is approaching renewal, the premium relief will carry across into your new policy term, ensuring you get the full three months.
For new customers
- Start a car or home insurance quote with us here: Start a quote
- In the car quote process we’ll ask you the question ‘Are you using this car less due to the COVID-19 crisis?’.
- In the home quote process we’ll ask you the question ‘Are you at this address more due to the COVID-19 crisis?’.
- If you answer ‘yes’ and go on to purchase the policy, over the next three months you will receive a monthly 10% cashback on the monthly portion of your annual premium. Or if you pay by the month, a 10% cashback on your monthly premium.
To see what else we’re doing at youi to continue to provide great service and limit the impact of COVID-19 visit youi.com.au/service.
COVID-19 Temporary Insurance Cashback Terms and Conditions – Car and Home policies (Terms)
- From 1 July 2020 until 30 September 2020 (unless extended by Youi in its absolute discretion), a temporary cashback of 10% of the monthly premium paid (Cashback) is available for Youi customers holding car, building, building and contents or contents only insurance policies for three months from the date a customer notifies Youi that they are temporarily using their car less, or spending more time at home, due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- This offer is open for acceptance between 1 July 2020 until 30 September 2020 inclusive (Eligibility Period).
- Youi will automatically provide the Cashback to Customers who opted in to the earlier COVID-19 Car Insurance Cashback (offered to Customers between the dates of 6 April 2020 and 30 June 2020) for a further three months.
- A reference to “Policy” in these Terms is to a Youi car or home insurance policy which is active, paid and underwritten and issued by Youi Pty Ltd (Youi) during the Eligibility Period, or a quote for such policies during the Eligibility Period. A Policy excludes home policies for unoccupied premises or where you have a tenant occupying your premises or available for a tenant to lease. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms excludes a tenant with a contents only policy from claiming the Cashback.
- Customers are eligible to obtain the Cashback on all existing or new Policies provided they notify Youi (either by phone, or via the Policy Manager on the Youi website) in relation to each Policy held that they are temporarily:
- using their car(s) less for car Policies; or
- at home more for home Policies,
- The Cashback applies to the monthly premium paid (or monthly portion of the annual or quarterly premium paid) on each Policy for a period of three months (unless extended or varied).
- Due to the unknown nature of the COVID-19 crisis, and the rapidly changing environment, following the three months the Cashback is paid, Youi reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the Cashback offer at any time on written notice to customers.
- Where a Policy premium has been paid annually or quarterly, Youi will pay the Cashback to the Customer monthly for three months, on the same date each month that the Policy was originally entered into, commencing one month following your acceptance of this offer, to the card or bank account used to pay for the Policy.
- Where a Policy premium is paid monthly, Youi will pay the Cashback to the customer monthly for three months following acceptance of this offer, to the card or bank account used to pay for the Policy.
- The Cashback is available in addition to any other offer, discount, or promotion offered by Youi.
- Youi Policies are subject to its usual underwriting and pricing criteria and Product Disclosure Statement as they apply to each contract period.
- Where a Customer misses a payment on a Policy, the Cashback will not be paid by Youi to the Customer for that month.
To see what else we’re doing at Youi to continue to provide great service and limit the impact of COVID-19 visit youi.com.au/service.Dated 1 July 2020