Brisbane Lions Promotion Terms and Conditions (Terms)
Agreement to Terms
1. By participating you agree to be bound by these Terms, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements.
2. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Youi as final and binding as it relates to this Competition.
3. Youi Pty Ltd (Youi) is running a promotion (Brisbane Lions) between 00:00 on Monday, 13 June 2022 and 23:59 on Sunday, 24 July 2022 where participants can win one (1) Major Prize valued at $25,000 or one (1) of ten (10) Secondary Prizes valued at $175 each.
4. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
5. The Competition is open to Australian residents only who are over 18 years of age as of the date of entry, do not reside in the Northern Territory and who follow the entry instructions specified (Entrants).
6. The promoter is Youi Pty Ltd (ACN 123 074 733) of registered address 2 Smart Drive, Sippy Downs, Queensland 4556 and contact number of 13 96 84.
7. Employees of Youi, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively, the Employees), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
8. The entry must fulfil all Competition requirements to be eligible to win a Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at Youi’s sole discretion.
9. There is one (1) Major Prize (Major Prize) and ten (10) Secondary Prizes (Secondary Prizes) to be won. An Entrant may only win one (1) Prize (except residents of SA) in total from this Promotion. All Prizes will be drawn at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. The total prize pool is $26,750.
10. The Major Prize must be used by the primary policy holder and cannot be on-sold, traded, or exchanged.
11. The Major Prize includes the ultimate Brisbane Lions experience for the Major Prize Winner and their five (5) nominated guests (collectively, the Winning Party) to attend the AFL Round 23 match between Brisbane Lions and Melbourne Football Club at The Gabba valued at $25,000 (see www.afl.com.au for round details and estimated dates). The Major Prize includes the following for the Winning Party:
(a) Return flights for the Winning Party to/from the Major Prize Winner’s closest capital city to/from Brisbane, or if the Winner’s closest capital city is Brisbane, transportation to/from the hotel to/from the Winner’s residence, valued at a maximum of $4,200.
(b) Four (4) $50 Uber vouchers for transport valued at $200.
(c) Two nights, three rooms, twin share accommodation in the Brisbane City area valued at a maximum of $1,800.
(d) Game day transfers valued at a maximum of $800.
(e) Corporate suite tickets valued at a maximum of $10,000.
(f) A ‘Money can’t buy’ Brisbane Lions experience (details to be confirmed subject to COVID protocols applicable to Round 23) valued at a maximum of $7,000.
(g) Brisbane Lions merchandise gift card valued at $1,000.
12. The Secondary Prizes include a personalised official Brisbane Lions Away guernsey valued at a maximum of $175.
13. Personalisation is limited to official licensed sporting merchandise and may include up to one (1) name of a maximum of nine (9) letters and a maximum of two (2) numbers on the back of an official Brisbane Lions Away guernsey.
14. Secondary Prize Winners will need to notify Youi of personalisation by 15:00 AEST, Friday 12 August 2022.
15. Winners will not receive the difference for any prize items that are less than the allocated maximum amount.
16. Any reference to dollars is to Australian dollars. All prices include GST.
17. The Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
How to enter
18. The Competition commences at 00:00 on Monday, 13 June 2022 to 23:59 on Sunday, 24 July 2022 (Promotion Period).
19. Entrants must purchase any Youi policy (excluding CTP policies) (Policy) during the Promotion Period using the start a quote link found at https://www.youi.com.au/brisbane-lions-promotion?promotionCodeWord=LIONS&promotionCode=043, or by calling 13 96 84 and stating the promotion code word “LIONS”. Each additional Policy purchased during the Promotional Period which follows the same entry steps will count as an additional entry.
20. There is only one entry per policy. The primary policy holder is the official entrant.
21. The Policy must remain active for the duration of the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a Prize.
22. Entrants may not enter by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If Youi reasonably forms the opinion that an Entrant has used fraudulent methods or otherwise attempted to circumvent these Terms, Youi may, in its sole discretion, deem any entry of that Entrant ineligible to win a Prize.
23. If an Entrant enters the Competition but no longer wishes to participate, the Entrant may email their policy number, as well as their full name and email address as detailed on their policy, to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Entrant will be removed from the Competition.
Draws & Winner Notification
24. The Winners will be drawn at random by Youi at 2 Smart Drive, Sippy Downs, Queensland 4556 at 15:00 AEST on Monday, 25 July 2022.
25. The Secondary Prize Winners will be notified by email on Tuesday, 26 July 2022.
26. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by phone and email on Tuesday, 26 July 2022.
27. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, or fails to claim the Prize within 14 days from the time award notification is sent to the Winner, the Prize will be forfeited and the relevant Prize will be re-awarded as if the discarded entry had not been received. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will occur 15:00 AEST Tuesday, 9 August 2022 at the same location as the original draw. The unclaimed winners will be published on 10 August 2022 on Youi’s website (www.youi.com.au) and the winners will be notified via email on the same day.
28. The Prize winners (Winners) will be published on Youi’s website (www.youi.com.au) on Tuesday, 26 July 2022. When publishing the Winners details, the Winner’s first name, first letter of surname and state of residence will be included, together with the date they won the Prize draw. The Winner will also be notified directly by telephone or email where further contact information and details may be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone number, email address and residential address.
29. Subject to any delays caused by the supplier completing the personalisation, the Secondary Prizes will be distributed to the Winners via registered post on Monday 29 August 2022. Youi takes no responsibility for the prizes once posted.
30. The decision of Youi in determining the Winners or any other matter under its control will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify Youi.
32. Youi will have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices from Youi for any reason including if the failure is due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or if the failure is due to a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
Limitation of Liability
33. Youi will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or any other relevant party in regards to any connection with participating in the Competition or the receipt or use of any Prize.
34. Youi is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Youi excludes all liability except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with the Competition or any Prize.
36. By entering, and where permitted by law, you agree to release and hold harmless Youi and its Employees, officers, and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from:
(a) your participation in the Competition and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or portion of the Prize;
(b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment;
(c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service;
(d) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; and
(e) electronic or human error in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries.
37. Subject to relevant laws, Youi reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend the Competition at any time without notice for any reason or no reason.
38. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders Youi’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, pandemics, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, regulatory action or the Round 23 AFL Match not proceeding, Youi may in its absolute discretion cancel, suspend or modify the Competition, including modifying the prizes, or recommence the Competition from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
39. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of Youi, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, Youi reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
40. Any failure to comply with these Terms, or any fraud, dishonesty or abuse relating to the Competition, may lead to disqualification of an Entrant’s entry at Youi’s sole discretion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition. Youi’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
42. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
43. By accepting a Prize, the Winners and in the case of the Major Prize Winner, their Winning Party agree:
(a) to the use of their name for promotional purposes for an unlimited time;
(b) to be contacted via phone for the purposes of providing a quote about the Prize;
(c) to take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation; and
(d) the use of their voice, image, quotes and/or photograph for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Youi and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the competition, all Entrants agree to the same.
44. The Competition hosted by Youi is in no way sponsored or administered by the Brisbane Lions.
45. This Competition is governed by the laws of Australia.
46. When referred to in these Terms:
(a) Business day means a day on which banks are open for business excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
(b) A time reference is a reference to AEST time (Brisbane local time).
Authorised under NSW Authority No. TP/01894, ACT Permit No TP 22/00964, SA Permit No. T22/749
© Youi Pty Ltd. Terms dated 12/06/2022.