NRL SOO 1 2022 – Game Changer Social Competition - Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Agreement to Terms
- By participating you agree to be bound by these Terms, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Youi as final and binding as it relates to this Competition.
- The promoter is Youi Pty Ltd (ACN 123 074 733) (Youi) of registered address 2 Smart Drive, Sippy Downs, Queensland 4556 and contact number of 13 96 84.
- Youi is running a competition (Competition) between 9:00 AEST on Monday, 30 May 2022 and 23:59 AEST on Thursday, 2 June 2022 (Promotion Period) where participants can win one (1) of five (5) platinum double passes to Ampol State of Origin Game 1 in Sydney on Wednesday, 8 June 2022.
- To participate in the Competition a participant must submit a creative response to the competition question in 25 words or less, within the Competition post (Post) on Facebook. Entries posted elsewhere on Facebook or on any other platform will not be considered an eligible entry.
- This is a game of skill and no purchase is required to enter or win.
- The Competition is open to Australian residents only who are over 18 years of age as of the date of entry, do not reside in the Northern Territory and who follow the How to Enter instructions specified (Entrants).
- . Employees of Youi, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively, the Employees), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- The entry must fulfil all Competition requirements to be eligible to win a Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at Youi’s sole discretion.
Prizes & draws
- There are 5 x prizes to be won. An Entrant may only win one (1) Prize in total from this Promotion. All Winners will be selected at the conclusion of the Promotion Period.
- The Prize may only be used by the chosen winners and cannot be on-sold, traded, or exchanged.
- Each winner will receive a platinum double pass (Tickets) to the Ampol State of Origin Game 1 in Sydney on Wednesday, 8 June 2022. The total prize pool value is $1450.
- The Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
How to enter
- To enter a participant must submit an entry in accordance with the instructions on the Post, including providing the information requested in the Post.
- Entry requirements require entrants to submit the State of Origin player, past or present, that they believe has been the ultimate game changer, with the 5 x most creative entries as judged by the competition Judging Panel being deemed the winners. Entries will be judged against the Judging Criteria.
Judging Panel Judging Criteria The judging panel will be comprised of 3 members of the Youi marketing team. Entries will be judged based on their creativity, the moment of change selected and the individuality of the answer submitted.
- Entries submitted on Facebook will be publicly viewed. Please do not include any personal information in your entry as Youi are unable to keep entries private. Entries must comply with any rules of the platform where they are posted. Entries that are offensive, discriminatory, racist or in poor taste (at the discretion of Youi) will be deemed in eligible for the Competition and may be removed. While Youi may moderate the Competition platform, it is under no obligation to do so.
- Each entrant may only submit one entry.
- Entrants may not enter more than one time using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If fraudulent methods are used or other attempts made to circumvent the rules, an Entrants submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Youi.
Winner Selection & Notification
- The entries will be judged, and Winners selected by Youi, at 2 Smart Drive, Sippy Downs, Queensland 4556 at 11:00 AEST on Friday, 3 June 2022.
- Winners will be notified via Facebook public comment by 16:00 AEST Friday, 3 June 2022 and a private Facebook message will be sent with the Youi contact person email address. It is up to the winner to look out for the winner notifications and to contact Youi to confirm the details in clause 21. Youi accepts no liability if a winner does not see the notification or message on Facebook and misses the time frames in clause 21.
- Winners must accept tickets, confirm eligibility and provide contact details by 15:00 AEST Monday, 6 June 2022. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, or fails to claim the prize by 15:00 AEST Monday, 6 June 2022, the unclaimed prize will be awarded to runner-up Winners by 16:00 AEST Monday, 6 June 2022. The runner-up Winners must accept tickets, confirm eligibility and provide contact details by 15:00 AEST Tuesday, 7 June 2022.
- Winner’s notification will be made only via the notification provided in the Facebook comments section.
- The winners will be required to provide their full name, phone number and email address when they claim their prize and e-tickets will be sent via the nominated e-mail by 16:00 AEST Tuesday, 7 June 2022.
- The decision of Youi in determining the Winners or any other matter under its control will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Youi will have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices and/ or tickets for any reason including if due to not being able to or failing to access their social media accounts, not seeing notification about winners, or due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
Limitation of Liability
- Youi will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation, income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or any other relevant party in regards to any connection with participating in the Competition or the receipt or use of any Prize.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Youi excludes all liability except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with the Competition or any Prize.
- By entering, and where permitted by law, you agree to release and hold harmless Youi and its Employees, officers, and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from:
- your participation in the Competition and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or portion of the Prize;
- technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service;
- unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; and
- electronic or human error in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries.
- Subject to relevant laws, Youi reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend the Competition at any time without notice for any reason or no reason.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders Youi’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, pandemics, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, regulatory action, or the Ampol State of Origin Game 1 not proceeding, Youi may in its absolute discretion cancel, suspend or modify the Competition, including modifying the prizes, or recommence the Competition from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of Youi, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, Youi reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- Any failure to comply with these Terms, or any fraud, dishonesty or abuse relating to the Competition, may lead to disqualification of an Entrant’s entry at Youi’s sole discretion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition. Youi’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- This Competition is open for Australia residents only, excluding Northern Territory, and is not available in New Zealand or any other country.
- The specifics of the Tickets shall be solely determined by Youi. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted except at Youi‘s discretion. The prize consists of the Tickets only, and no travel or other incidental expenses are included.
- By accepting a Prize, the Winners and any person using the Tickets agree
- to the use of their name for promotional purposes for an unlimited time;
- to be contacted via phone for the purposes of providing a quote about the Prize;
- to take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation; and
- the use of their voice, image, quotes and/or photograph for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Youi and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the competition, all Entrants agree to the same.
- The Competition hosted by Youi is in no way sponsored or administered by the NRL.
- The Competition hosted by Youi is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Each Entrant, be entering the Competition and agreeing to these terms and conditions, unconditionally releases Facebook from any liability arising from the Competition.
- This Competition is governed by the laws of Australia.
- When referred to in these Terms:
- A time reference is a reference to AEST time (Brisbane local time).
© Youi Pty Ltd
NRL SOO 1 2022 – Game Changer Social Competition
Prepared 27 May 2022