Business Liability Insurance
It's your business.
Protect it with our business liability insurance.
You've put your all into your business and you work hard to keep it going. So when it comes to protecting it, you want an insurance policy that works hard for you, too.
Whether you’re a tradie or running a market stall, our business liability insurance (typically referred to as public and products liability insurance) covers your business' liability to pay compensation for personal injury to third parties and damage to their property (i.e. members of the public). It also covers the business's liability for incidents relating to the business's products.
Liability to pay damages for personal injury to third parties & damage to their property.
Liability to pay damages for incidents relating to the business' products.
Option to add additional cover for money kept on business premises.
Tools of Trade
Option to add additional cover for your tools of trade.
Choose from $5,000,000, $10,000,000 or $20,000,000 limits of liability.
Take out Business Liability insurance with us and get half your premium in the form of YouiDollars® to use with our partners.
We're only human, but we're always working on improving our products and services - that's what our Wall is for. This is where we come to read your comments and feedback, and to see where we're hitting the mark, and where we're missing it. Share your Youi experience with us on the wall so we can make your next one even better.
"Britt was extremely helpful and was able to answer all my questions and explain the policy options easily."
"An insurance company that you actually dont mind talking to! The world has gone mad"
"You never really know how good your insurance company is until you claim. What a positive experience."
Do you need public liability insurance?
Here are some examples of if or when your Public Liability Insurance would come in handy.
- Market Stall
- You own a market stall but fail to secure it properly one weekend, and a gust of wind blows your gazebo onto your neighbour's market stall, damaging their property. As a Youi Business Liability insurance customer, we’d cover the cost of damages for the property damage if you were responsible to pay them to your neighbour.
- Small Business
- Your small business manufactures and sells toys and a child injures themselves playing with one of them, requiring medical attention. If you are found responsible for the incident (ie if the toy was made poorly), your Youi Business Liability insurance will cover compensation to the child (for example, medical costs).
- You run a small plumbing business and when one of your employees was completing some hot work on a client's home, a spark went unnoticed and ended up causing a small fire, setting the client's bathroom on fire. Your business is responsible for the property damage, but luckily, your Youi Business Liability insurance covers the costs.
- You have a painting business and one day when painting a wall, the tin gets knocked off the scaffolding and spills all over a parked car below. You're responsible for the property damage to the car, and since you have Youi Business Liability insurance, it's all covered.
- One of your electricians did a job a few months ago at a customer's home. Unfortunately, due to some work that the electrician carried out, the meter box has caught fire and your business is responsible for property damage to the customer's home. As a Youi Business Liability customer, your responsibility to pay damages to the customer is covered.