There are a few things you’ll need to get a car insurance cost estimate from Youi, including:
- Your car's details: We’ll need to know the make, model, value, condition, year and colour of your car to make sure your policy and premium are accurate.
- Contact and driving details: We’ll need some basic contact info, including your type of licence, as well as some details about your driving history.
- Where your car is usually parked: You should let us know whether you park your car on the street, in a carport, in a garage or at another location as this could also affect your insurance premium.
- What you use the car for: Is your pride and joy used for business or pleasure? Let us know as this can affect your premium.
- Other drivers’ details: If other people will be driving your car, you can add them as listed drivers by providing info such as their name and driving history.
Typically, yes, it is cheaper to pay your Youi car insurance premium annually. Alternatively, you may be able to pay over 12 monthly instalments. But it will usually cost you a bit extra to pay monthly, however some people go with this option as it works better for their finances.
While we don't recognise specific bonuses or ratings from other insurers, we instead ask you to provide us with information around your driving experience, claims history and insurance history. That way, we can provide you with an accurate quote that suits your situation.
While we don't offer a specific discount if you don't drive your car very often, there are some factors that can help reduce the cost of your premium. For example, the fewer kilometres you drive in the car per year and the fewer days per week that you drive it to work or study, could help lower the amount you pay for your cover.7