Handling Your CTP Complaint
Handling your NSW CTP Green Slip complaints
/ we're here to help
At Youi, our promise is to deliver awesome service, every time you need us.
If your expectations haven’t been met and you have a complaint, we want to try and resolve it with you in a fair and transparent manner.
So, what are the best ways to resolve?
If your complaint is claim-related, your first step is to get in touch with the team that manages your claim and tell us about your complaint.
If your complaint can’t be resolved at this point, we’ll allocate your complaint to a manager who’ll:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint
- Review the complaint then contact you to discuss:
- The timeframe for resolution of the complaint
- Steps to resolve the complaint
- Request additional information if required
- Take action to resolve your complaint
- Provide to you in writing:
- The decision and reasons for the decision
- Avenues to request an internal review with a senior representative who was independent of the original decision
- Details of the available external complaint/dispute handling bodies
If your complaint isn’t claim-related, please get in touch with one of our advisors and tell us about your complaint. Our advisor will work with you to resolve the complaint within five business days.
However, if they are unable to resolve your complaint, or you’re not satisfied with the outcome, we’ll refer it to a Manager who will work with you to resolve the matter.
The Manager will aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible and will:
- Acknowledge your complaint
- Review your complaint and obtain further information
- Get back to you with a decision within 20 business days or if more time is needed, work with you and agree on a suitable timeframe
- Provide a final decision, including reasons for our decision, in writing
If the manager still can’t resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can request it to be escalated for an internal review by Youi’s Internal Dispute Resolution Service (IDRS). An IDRS team member will contact you promptly to confirm your internal review details and then review the matter independently, and provide you with a decision, including reasons, in writing.
If you’re still not satisfied or we’re unable to resolve your complaint you can contact the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA), which regulates CTP insurance in NSW.