Youi NSW CTP Green Slip insurance

At Youi we live and breathe awesome service, so getting your CTP insurance is easy. You can start a quote online or give us a call to get it sorted.

NSW CTP Green Slip insurance includes:

  • Protection for any compensation claims made against you by anyone who is injured or killed as a result of a motor accident caused by you.
  • This includes coverage for claims made by any passengers, pedestrians and other road users.
  • Limited coverage for injuries to the driver at fault of a motor accident.
  • Liability for injuries caused by a trailer when attached to the registered vehicle.

Does not include:

  • Damage to your vehicle and/or trailer that is attached to it.
  • Damage to any third party’s property and/or vehicle.


Looking for SA CTP cover?

What is NSW Compulsory Third Party insurance?

Compulsory Third Party Insurance (also known as CTP Green Slip) is a mandatory insurance policy for all registered road users in NSW and provides cover for people injured in a motor vehicle accident.

How NSW CTP works

If you, or another person driving your motor vehicle, are at fault for an accident and a third party is injured or killed, your NSW CTP Green Slip will cover the cost of the third party compensation claim (but will not provide cover for any damage to or theft of vehicles or property).

The third party may include your passengers, other drivers, cyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians, and they are covered for any reasonable and necessary medical treatment, care and loss of income as a result of the accident.

From 1 December 2017, at-fault drivers are also covered, unless they are charged with a serious driving offence. At-fault drivers may be entitled to limited benefits that focus on early support and recovery. For more information, refer to the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) website.



How to purchase NSW CTP and register your vehicle

All it takes is three simple steps.

Step 1

Purchase your NSW CTP Green Slip. It’s simple and you can do it online or over the phone.

Start a quote


Step 2

Pay for your policy. This can be done online, over the phone or in person at any Australia Post outlet.

Online and over the phone credit card payments will trigger an electronic NSW CTP Green Slip to Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) within 1 hour. Payments made via Post BillPay at Australia Post may take up to 5 business days.


Step 3

Complete your vehicle registration. Once you’ve paid for your NSW CTP, we’ll automatically notify TfNSW. Brand new registrations and interstate vehicles are required to be registered in person at a TfNSW service centre.

Extra cover for your vehicle


If you’re looking for additional cover beyond NSW CTP insurance that protects your and other people’s property, take a look at the options below and start a quote.


Making a NSW CTP claim

You can either make a NSW CTP claim online or submit a paper claim.

Online claim


Paper claim


Still have questions about CTP insurance in NSW? You might find the answers below.


Youi offers CTP Green Slip insurance cover in NSW. To register your motor vehicle in NSW, you’ll need to have CTP Green Slip Insurance. You can choose who you purchase your CTP Insurance from (hint: we’re a great choice, but that’s probably why you’re here).

Our CTP specialists are usually available on Monday - Friday between 8:00am and 6:00pm NSW local time.

No, CTP is also referred to as ‘Green Slip Insurance’ in NSW.

You can usually purchase CTP insurance cover for 6 or 12 months. The CTP policy does not automatically renew.

For CTP Green Slips purchased by credit card TfNSW will be notified electronically when you purchase your Green Slip. This generally occurs immediately but can take up to one hour for the notification to go through.

Payments made in person at Australia Post via Post Billpay will take up to five business days to clear.

You no longer need to present a hard copy of the Green Slip receipt to Service NSW.

Yes, the cover provided by your Green Slip is Australia wide.

A CTP Green Slip covers all people injured in a motor vehicle accident, regardless of who is at fault (unless you are charged with a serious driving offence).

The level of cover available to an injured person will depend on things such as whether they are wholly or mostly at fault for the accident, and the severity of the injuries sustained in the accident.

An injured person may be able to claim up to 6 months (26 weeks) of statutory benefits including:

  • Reasonable and necessary treatment and rehabilitation expenses relating to the injuries from the accident.
  • Weekly income support payments if you need time off work.
  • Domestic and personal attendant care if you need help around the home while you recover.

If an injured person is not at fault for the motor vehicle accident and their injuries are more serious, they may also be able to claim benefits beyond 6 months.

You can make a claim online in 2 easy steps, or if you have any questions in relation to making a claim, you can contact us on 1300 004 007.

CTP insurance costs are determined by each insurer and governed by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA). Premiums are published by SIRA on its Green Slip calculator website.

Premiums take into account the frequency of accidents and average claims costs for the class of motor vehicle and the region where the vehicle is garaged, whether or not the owner has a right to claim a GST Input Tax Credit, an amount for the insurer’s administration, claims handling costs and insurer’s profit margin.

If you currently don’t have CTP insurance for your vehicle, or your current policy is due for renewal, call us on 1300 004 007 or start a new quote by clicking here.

We accept credit card payments online and over the phone, or you can pay for your policy in person at Australia Post via Post Billpay.

If your vehicle is registered when you sell it, your CTP Green Slip insurance automatically transfers to the new owner.

At Youi, our promise is to deliver awesome service, every time you need us. If your expectations haven’t been met and you have a complaint, we want to try and solve it with you in a timely and fair manner.

If you have a complaint, please go to our Handling your CTP complaint page.

If you see anything that needs updating on your documents, call us on 1300 004 007.

In order to cancel your Green Slip policy with Youi, you must first cancel the vehicle registration with TfNSW. Once this has been done, kindly provide us with your proof of cancellation from TfNSW. An administration fee of $22 (incl. GST) may be charged for cancellation of a CTP policy. If the policy is cancelled, you may receive a pro rata refund of the Fund Levy, however the Fund Levy may not be refundable in some circumstances. If you have any further questions, please call us on 1300 004 007.

If you have opted to receive your document electronically, you can access your prefilled renewal quote via the green ‘renew now’ button located in the email and pay online with Credit Card.

For customers who have opted to receive your documents via post, you can complete a new quote and pay online at with Credit Card.

Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 004 007 to pay for your policy.

We will automatically notify TfNSW within 1 hour of receipt of your payment. Your renewal documents will be sent to you a few weeks before your current CTP Green Slip with Youi expires.

If your vehicle is written off, stolen or is required to be registered in another state, you may be entitled to a refund on the unused portion of your CTP Green Slip. You will need to contact TfNSW and hand in your registration plates or report the motor vehicle stolen. Once Youi receives your “Confirmation of Cancelled Registration” letter from TfNSW, we will cancel your policy and issue any refunds that may be due. An administration fee may be also charged.

A Fund Levy is included in the cost of each CTP Green Slip. It is a compulsory amount that covers ambulance and initial hospital care, the LifeTime Care Scheme for those with a severe injury, treatment and care for people who require it more than five years after the accident, and services provided by SIRA. Please refer to for more information.

This will be determined by the preference made when you purchase your policy. It may be posted or sent electronically. If you wish to update how you receive your CTP insurance policy documents and any other communications, please give us a call on 1300 004 007 and let us know.

Your CTP Green Slip policy does not cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles, property or theft.

The LTCS provides treatment, rehabilitation and attendant care to people who have been severely injured in a motor accident regardless of who was at fault. Eligibility for the LTCS is determined by the severity of the person’s injuries such as a spinal cord injury, a moderate to severe brain injury or, in some cases, serious burns or amputations.