Score an awesome Lions experience for your little AFL champ.
Nominate who you think is your junior or youth club’s MVP for their chance to WIN 4 x tickets to select Brisbane Lions 2023 home games + match ball delivery.
Nominate who you think is your junior or youth club’s MVP for their chance to WIN 4 x tickets to select Brisbane Lions 2023 home games + match ball delivery.
Just tell us in 50 words or less what makes your young AFL player the most valuable player at their club.
How to enter
Let us know why your young AFL player stands out from the rest. Goals, marks and disposals are all great, but what else do they do – on and off the field – that makes them extra special? Fill out the form on this page and they could win!
Entries open on 24 May 2023. There will be winners selected for multiple home games during the competition period. See the T&Cs for key dates. Final entries close on 17 August 2023.
Who is eligible?
To be able to win, your nominated MVP must be a registered junior or youth AFL player, including Junior X and Youth X teams. So if you have someone in mind, and they’re a current registered player, what are you waiting for? Get your entry in!
Prizes on offer
If our panel of fanatical, footy-loving judges believes your entry shows the level of uniqueness and inspiration we’re looking for, your nominated player could win:
- 4 x tickets to select 2023 Brisbane Lions home game
- Delivery of the match ball to the umpire prior to the game (including a parent/guardian to escort the young player).
Imagine being there, out in the centre, to soak up the Gabba atmosphere live on gameday!
What’s not included
The prize includes 4 x tickets only plus match ball delivery experience, and does not include travel or accommodation.
Thanks for entering!
You're one step closer to being able to deliver the ball on the Gabba for the Brisbane Lions!
Competition Terms and Conditions (Terms)
By choosing to complete and submit an entry into the Competition:
you warrant that, prior to nominating a Young AFL Player as a Participant in the Competition, you are either the parent or legal guardian for that child (or have the permission of the parent or legal guardian for that child), and consent (or have consent from the parent or legal guardian):
- to enter the child into the Competition; and
- for the child’s first name and surname to be used on the Youi website to announce them as a winner (if they win); and
- for the contact information of parent or legal guardian (or the child if they are over 15) to be used by Youi to contact the winner (if they win); and
- for the child/child’s legal guardian to be bound by these Terms.
- you warrant that the Young AFL Player you are nominating, meets the Eligibility Requirements.
- you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept the decisions of Youi as final and binding as they relate to this Competition.
Words allocated a meaning in the Key Information table retain that meaning throughout the Terms.
Who is running the Competition?
Youi Pty Ltd ACN 123 074 733 (Youi)
Address: 2 Smart Drive, Sippy Downs, Queensland 4556
Phone: 13 96 84
Y2023 Brisbane Lions Match Ball Delivery Promotion (Competition)
Who can enter? (Eligibility Requirements):
The person being nominated for consideration as the winner must be:
- a current, registered 2023 member of a Youth AFL team, a Youth X team, a Junior AFL team or a Junior X team in Southeast Queensland (Young AFL Player). This information will be confirmed with the AFL prior to announcing a winner; and
- available to attend the Home Game if they are selected as a winner.
A person (Entrant) may enter the Competition by following the How to Enter instructions, including nominating a Young AFL Player for consideration as the winner (Participant) and answering the Competition Question. The Entrant can be the parent, coach or supporter of the Young AFL Player, however, the Entrant must have the consent of the parent or legal guardian of the Young AFL Player prior to nominating them.
Affiliates of Youi, and their immediate family or household members, are not eligible to participate in the Competition, either as Entrants or Participants. Affiliates of Youi means Youi employees, officers, contractors and subsidiaries.
Entry to the Competition opens at 0:00 AEST on 24 May 2023 and closes at 23:59 AEST on 17 August 2023 (Competition Period). During the Competition Period, there will be a series of judging dates to select a winner for each of the listed Home Games. See the below Key Dates for the cut-off date for entries for each sequential judging. Non-winning entries from each judging will roll over into the pool of entries for the next judging date.
|Home Game||Cut-off date for entry into the draw for this Home Game||Date of Judging for the relevant Home Game||Match Day for this game (TBD indicates the date is not yet fixed by AFL)|
|Brisbane Lions vs Sydney||7 June 2023||8 June 2023||16 June 2023|
|Brisbane Lions vs Richmond||20 June 2023||21 June 2023||29 June 2023|
Brisbane Lions vs WC Eagles
|27 June 2023||28 June 2023||8 July 2023|
Brisbane Lions vs Geelong
|11 July 2023||12 July 2023||22 July 2023|
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide
|1 August 2023||2 August 2023||12 August 2023|
Brisbane Lions vs St Kilda
|15 August 2023||16 August 2023||TBD|
The best entry, as judged by the Judging Panel, will be selected and the Participant nominated on the entry will be announced as the winner.
Where possible, winners will be contacted within 48 hours of the Date of Judging. The Entrant will be contacted first and will be asked to provide the contact information for the parent or legal guardian of the winner (or for the winner themselves if the winner is over the age of 15).
Winners will be announced on the Website, using their first name and initial of their surname, within 5 days of each Date of Judging. Youi reserves the right to announce the winner using the first name and initial of the parent or legal guardian of the winner if necessary.
The Judging Panel will select 1 Participant winner for each Home Game. The winning Participant will win:
- 4 x general entry tickets to that Home Game; and
- 1 x Ball Delivery Experience for that Home Game.
The Ball Delivery Experience is for the Participant and 1 guardian, who will be escorted on to the ground for the ball delivery prior to the relevant Home Game.
The prize value for each Home Game = 4 x $65 general entry tickets plus the Ball Delivery Experience (money cannot buy this experience).
Total prize pool = 6 games x (4 x $65) = $1,560
A Participant may only win once during this Competition.
The Prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of the winner and must be used for the chosen winner for the Home Game they have won.
The Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
The Prize is for entry tickets x 4 and the Ball Delivery Experience only. No accommodation, travel, transfers, food, merchandise, or any other expenses are included in the Prize.
The game tickets are valid for the date shown on the ticket and are subject to the terms and conditions of the provider of the tickets. No compensation will be provided to a winner if they are unable to use the Prize or part of the Prize or the nominated winner does not wish to accept the Prize or part of the Prize.
The Participant and their guardian participating in the Ball Delivery Experience must follow all directions provided by game staff and/or the Brisbane Lions.
How to Enter:
This Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining a winner.
To participate in the Competition an Entrant must submit a response to the competition question in 50 words or less via the competition entry form on the Website, and accurately complete all parts of the entry form (Entry). The Entry must be received during the Competition Period.
Tell us in 50 words or less what makes your Young AFL Player the most valuable player at their club.
An Entrant does not have to be a Youi customer to enter and there is no fee to enter.
An Entry that is incomplete or does not adhere to these Terms may be disqualified at Youi’s sole discretion.
Each Entrant may only submit one Entry per Participant. An Entrant may however enter more than one Participant. If a Participant is nominated by more than one person, while this may be taken into consideration by the Judging Panel, a Participant can only win once during the Competition.
Entries may not be made more than one time using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If fraudulent methods or other attempts are made to circumvent the rules, entries may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Youi.
An Entrant may enter themselves as the Participant, provided they have parent or legal guardian consent to do so.
Winner Selection Process:
Each valid Entry will be individually judged against the Selection Criteria by the Judging Panel. For each Home Game, the Entry that best answers the Competition Question, as determined by the Judging Panel, will have the Participant nominated in that Entry announced as the winner for that Home Game. Judging will take place at 2 Smart Drive, Sippy Downs, Queensland 4556 at 3:00pm AEST on the Date of Judging dates shown in the Key Dates panel above.
|Judging Panel||Selection Criteria|
|3 x senior employees of the Youi Marketing team||
Answers to the Competition Question will be judged on who the Judging Panel determines to be the most inspiring entry and worthiest winner. Let us know why your Young AFL Player stands out from the rest. What makes them the most valued player at their club? What do they do – on and off the field – that makes them so amazing?
Winner Notification Process:
Entrants that have nominated a winning entry will be contacted by phone and confirmation email and asked to provide contact details for the parent or legal guardian of the winning Participant.
Winner Participants (or their parent or legal guardian) must be contactable and confirm parent or legal guardian consent within 72 hours of each Date of Judging.
If a winner cannot be contacted within this time, is found to be ineligible, fails to confirm their contact details or indicates they do not want to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and the Runner-Up Process will be followed.
The winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to provide proof of identity, a signed consent form and confirm their email address to claim the prize. Match day logistics will be communicated close to the game, and e-tickets will be sent via e-mail by 16:00 AEST at least 2 days prior to the game the tickets are valid for. It is up to the winner’s parent or legal guardian to look out for the email and contact Youi if there is a problem with the e-tickets.
The decision of Youi in determining the winners or any other matter under its control will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Youi will have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices and/ or tickets for any reason including if due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for an Entrants or winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information
Runner Up Process:
At the time of judging for each round of the Competition, 2 additional runner-up Participants will also be selected (in order) by the Judging Panel. Runner-up names will not be announced. If the Runner-Up Process is required, the next Participant on the runner-up list will be selected as a winner and contacted by the Youi team using the Winner Notification Process. This process will be followed for as many ‘runners-ups’ as required to award the Prize. The time periods/dates applying to Runner-Up’s may be different than shown in the Terms. Runner-Up winners may receive game tickets on shorter notice.
Privacy Collection Statement:
By accepting a Prize, the winner (or the winner’s parent or legal guardian where the winner is aged 15 or under), agrees:
- the winner and their parent/legal guardian personal information may be supplied by Youi to AFL/Brisbane Lions/game organiser to arrange the ball delivery experience; and/or
- for their full first name and surname initial to be displayed on the Website to announce them as a winner; and/or
- to the use of their name/image for promotional purposes for an unlimited time; and/or
- for a photo of the winner running the ball onto the field to be used by Youi for promotional purposes.
General Terms and Conditions
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these Terms attempts to or actually limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or other similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
Other than the Non-Excludable Guarantees and liability that cannot be excluded by law:
- Youi excludes all liability, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with the Competition or any Prize.
- Youi will not be liable for any tax liability, incurred by any person in connection with the Competition or the receipt or use of any Prize.
By entering, and where permitted by law, you agree to release and hold harmless Youi and its Employees, officers, and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from:
- your participation in the Competition and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or portion of the Prize;
- technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service;
- unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; and/or
- electronic or human error in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries.
All entries submitted to the Competition become the property of Youi. By entering the Competition, you consent to Youi using your entry material in any manner it sees fit, including exploiting the intellectual property in your entry and/or publishing your entry in part or in full, with or without attribution to you. You warrant that you own the intellectual property in the material you submit and that your use of the entry material does not breach any third-party rights in relation to the entry material.
- Subject to relevant laws and the Non-Excludable Guarantees:
- if circumstances or events beyond Youi’s immediate control prevent or significantly hinder Youi’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms, Youi may, in its absolute discretion, cancel, suspend or modify the Competition, including modifying the Prizes, or recommencing the Competition from the start on the same conditions but with alternative dates. Circumstances or events beyond Youi’s immediate control include, but are not limited to, fraud, vandalism, power failures, pandemics, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, regulatory action, a planned State of Origin 2023 game or games not proceeding, or similar event.
- If the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus or malware, communications network failure, malicious acts, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or causes beyond the control of Youi, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, Youi reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate/disqualify any affected entries. Youi’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from any offender are reserved.
The Competition hosted by Youi is in no way sponsored or administered by the AFL, Facebook or any other social media platform.
This Competition is governed by the laws of Australia.
When referred to in these Terms, a time reference is a reference to AEST time (Brisbane local time).
Copyright Notice and Version Control:
© Youi Pty Ltd 2023
2023 Brisbane Lions Match Ball Delivery Promotion
Prepared May 2023
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows
Max P, Coorparoo JAFC
Brisbane Lions vs Geelong Cats
James T, Broadbeach Cats JAFC
Brisbane Lions vs West Coast Eagles
Bastian H, Everton Wolves
Brisbane Lions vs Richmond Tigers
Finn M, Collingwood Park Power
Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans
Darcy K, Coorparoo JAFC