Youi Virtual Kick Terms and Conditions (‘Terms’)
Who we are:
Youi is a sponsor of the Brisbane Lions Club and NRL. We have engaged our supplier Common Project, to conduct an interactive virtual kicking experience in support of the Brisbane Lions Club and NRL at selected AFL and NRL games in 2022 (‘the Activity’). Common Project have engaged their supplier NEAT to assist with the Activity.
The Activity will not be run at all 2022 season games. The exact dates and times for the AFL and NRL games at which the Activity will be run are not yet available as the entire fixture seasons for these sports has not been finalised. If you would like to know which games are coming up with the Activity available, please email us at email@example.com and we will let you know.
While the promotional staff running the Activity will be in Youi promotional attire, they are engaged directly by Common Project and Common Project is responsible for the promotional staff and running the Activity. Common Project has agreed to provide the Activity and, together with NEAT, to collect and process Participant Personal Information and conduct the Competition in accordance with these terms. As a participant, you have also agreed to these terms.
1. Participation in the Activity
In these terms, when we talk about you, we mean you as the participant, you as the parent or guardian of a participant, or you as a minor who is participating with parental or guardian consent (as applicable).
By registering or participating in the Activity:
1. 1 You acknowledge that participation in the Activity is without payment or reward. If you kick 3 goals in the Activity, you will automatically be entered into the Competition where there is a chance to win a Prize (see the Competition Terms below). You warrant that you understand and accept that participation will involve physical activity with inherent risks involved. These risks may include personal injury or other risks arising from the nature of the Activity, the weather on the day or the location, equipment or structures used in the Activity. You agree that you participate in the Activity at your own risk.
1. 2 You also agree to participate in the Activity in a safe and responsible manner, including taking care of the safety of other participants and/ or onlookers and taking care of third-party property. You agree to follow the directions of Common Project and/or the game organisers in connection with the Activity.
1. 3 You consent to Youi, Youi’s representative and/or Common Project making a recording or capturing still images of you and/or your child participating in the Activity (‘Recording’). You agree that Youi will own the Recording from creation and may use the Recording for promotional purposes on social media, the Youi website and/or other areas where the Competition or Activity are being promoted. Not all participants will be recorded and not all Recordings will be used.
1. 4 To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to release Youi, Common Project and NEAT from all liability for any personal injury (including death), loss, cost or damage suffered or incurred by you or any third party in connection with the Activity, your participation in the Activity or the Recording.
1. 5 You indemnify, and keep indemnified, Youi, Common Project and NEAT against any loss caused directly or indirectly by your actions or your failure to comply with these terms. Loss in this clause includes any third-party claims for property damage or personal injury.
1. 6 In these terms, Youi means Youi Pty Ltd ABN 79 123 074 733 of 2 Smart Drive, Sippy Downs, QLD, 4556, NEAT means Neat Idea Co Pty Ltd ABN 84 650 611 199 and Common Project means Common Project Pty Ltd ABN 31 616 738 419 and for each entity this includes their respective officers, employees, or contractors.
2. Your Personal Information
2. 1 By registering, participating in the Activity or entering into the Competition, you consent to the use of your Personal Information in accordance with these terms.
2. 2 When you register for the Activity, you will be asked to provide your first name, last name and mobile number (‘Personal Information’). You will type this information directly into your own device (or the electronic platform provided by NEAT) upon scanning the QR code available at the activation.
2. 3 You may also be requested to use a unique QR code to obtain your place in a virtual queue to participate in the Activity.
2. 4 Your Personal Information will be held be NEAT within their electronic database only for the purposes of participating in the Activation and for running the Competition.
2. 5 Once the Competition is drawn, winning participants will be notified using the Personal Information they supplied at the time of registration.
2. 6 Within 30 days of the final winner being notified, all Personal Information collected by NEAT in relation to the Activity or Competition will be securely destroyed.
2. 7 To run the Competition, NEAT will perform some processing of the Personal Information collected in order to select the winners.
3. Competition Terms and Conditions
The promoter of the Competition is Youi. Where used in these terms, Competition means the Youi Virtual Kick Competition 2022. These Competition terms apply to participants in the Activity that meet the Eligible Entrant requirements and enter the Competition.
3.1 Method of Entry
3. 1. 1 Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry.
3. 1. 2 The Competition is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the prize winners.
3. 1. 3 The Competition period starts on 07/05/2022 and finishes on 02/10/2022 (the ‘Competition Period’).
3. 1. 4 Employees, contractors and officers of Youi, NEAT or Common Project are ineligible to enter.
3. 1. 5 The Competition is open to Australian residents who, during the Competition Period:
a. Register and successfully submit a valid Youi Virtual Kick Registration Form (‘Form’) by completing all mandatory fields including first and last name and mobile number.
b. Participate in the Activity and successfully kick 3 goals on the Youi Virtual Kick.
3. 1. 6 To be deemed valid, the Form must meet the following requirements:
a. The Form must be completed in full and successfully submitted. The Form may only be completed electronically via a smart phone or similar device. A limited number of tablets will be available for participants without a smart phone, however availability of a tablet is not guaranteed.
b. Forms with false information or that are incomplete, incorrect or corrupt are invalid.
3. 1. 7 Eligible Entrants may enter the Competition more than once by re-queuing and submitting a new Form.
3.1.8 Eligible Entrants at a NRL game will enter into the Competition to win the NRL Prize Package. Eligible Entrants at an AFL game will enter into the Competition to win the Brisbane Lions Prize Package.
3. 2 Prize and Notification
3. 2. 1 Entrants do not need to be present at the prize draw to win.
3. 2. 2 Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
3. 2. 3 Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to their parents or legal guardians.
3. 2. 4 The draw for the winners will take place on 4 October 2022 at midday (AEST), at 5 Hiles Street, Alexandria NSW 2015 (‘Draw Date’).
3. 2. 5 Youi may request proof of identification from a winner to check the Form used for registration is valid and the prize is being awarded to the correct person.
3. 2. 6 The winner will be notified by phone within 2 days of Draw Date via the mobile number provided on the registration Form. Winner details (first name, suburb and prize awarded) will be published as an organic Facebook post to the Youi wall within 5 days of the Draw Date.
3. 2. 7 If your contact details change during the Competition Period, it is your responsibility to notify Youi. Youi is not responsible for incorrect contact information entered on the Form or information that becomes incorrect during the Competition Period.
3. 2. 8 There are 2 prizes for the Competition. The AFL (Brisbane Lions) Package will be drawn first and the NRL package will be drawn second. An Eligible Entrant may only win one prize package based on whether they attended a Brisbane Lions match or NRL match. The total prize value for the Competition is approximately AUD$4,221. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (other than as specified).
3. 2. 9 The 2 prizes consist of:
|Brisbane Lions Package (1 available)||NRL Prize Package (1 available)|
| || |
|Prize value $1094||Prize value $3,127|
3. 2. 10 The winner must advise Youi of their preferred 2023 State of Origin game to attend in writing by 1st March 2023, otherwise Youi will select a 2023 State of Origin match on behalf of the winner and forward tickets for that game.
3. 2. 11 The prize will be delivered to the winner within twenty-eight days after the winner has been contacted, verified and has provided their postal address.
3. 2. 12 If a winner cannot be contacted within 5 days of the Draw Date, is found to be ineligible or fails to collect the prize or provide details for delivery of the prize within 14 days of a request being made by Youi, the winner will forfeit the prize and the relevant prize will be re-awarded as if the discarded entry had not been entered.
3. 2. 13 Youi is not responsible for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. You should seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of a prize.
3. 2. 14 To uphold the fairness and integrity of the Competition, if the Competition draw is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to; tampering, disruption of the NRL or AFL games, corruption of data, failures of service providers or other reasons beyond the control of Youi, Youi reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under state permit regulations.
3. 2. 15 In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the entry requirements or results of the Competition, or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to, vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, pandemics or similar; Youi may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start at a later date, on the same conditions, subject to state legislation.
3. 2. 16 To the extent permitted by law, Youi will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by any person in connection with participation in the Activity, entering the Competition, these terms or in relation to any prize. This includes personal injury, direct or consequential loss or damages and includes, without limitation, technical failures or malfunctions, internet connection issues, electronic or human error in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries and discretion of promotional staff involved in the running of the Activity including the number of kicks allowed.
3. 2. 17 Youi and its agencies and companies associated with this promotion take no responsibility for the prize being damaged in transit, any delay in transit or the prize going missing in transit, except for any responsibility which cannot be excluded by law.
3. 2. 18 The decision of Youi in drawing the winner is final and Youi will not enter into any correspondence regarding the Competition result.
3. 2. 19 If for any reason a winner does not accept delivery of a prize at the time reasonably stipulated by Youi, then that prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
3. 2. 20 The winner releases Youi, NEAT and Common Project, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the Activity, the prize or the Competition. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties will not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the Activity, Competition or prize.
4. 1 These terms are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
4. 2 The Competition is run by, or on behalf of, Youi and is not endorsed or administered by the venue, NRL, AFL or Brisbane Lions Club. While the Competition may be advertised on the Youi Facebook page or other social media platforms, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or any other social media platform.
4. 3 Participants agree to abide by the venue rules at all times.
4. 4 A reference to time is a reference to AEST (Brisbane local time).