In the midst of our transition to the new Youi HQ building in Sippy Downs, there’s an electric mix of excitement and enthusiasm among our people.
Employing around 900 staff with room for 3000, we’re keen to grow our home here on the Sunshine Coast.
In fact, we’re so focused on the growth and personal development of our employees that we have an entire program dedicated to it: YourLife.
YourLife is an award-winning program aimed at improving the health, wealth, happiness and wellbeing of our people. The program also demonstrates a commitment to the wider Sunshine Coast community by drawing on the services of local business for some of its activities.
We’re taking full advantage of our bigger, better HQ to make our YourLife program more rewarding than ever. Here’s a sneak peak of what the new and improved program looks like in our new building.
Everything related to keeping your heart-rate up and blood pressure down is bundled up in these new features.
- Employees will have access to the USC University Sports Centre with concession rates to use the gym and track field.
- Employees will have free access to use the USC Aquatic Centre during the summer season. Great for those warmer days coming up very soon!
- Group fitness classes will still be run internally at Youi. You can still expect butt-kicking HIIT, Bootcamp and Boxing classes to whip you into shape. Fitness professionals will still be contracted to run specific classes, for example, Mitch from Core Strength Fitness.
- YourLife will really take advantage of the new building with a designated multipurpose room on the bottom floor which will be used to run fitness classes if there is wet weather.
- Youi employees will have access to Ochre Health Medical Centre across the road from the new building. Handy if anyone needs to pop in for a quick GP visit.
The work week’s about to get a whole lot more zen.
- Youi will partner with Sippy Downs Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy to run educational workshops (ie on posture) to ensure you are always in good-nik.
- Sports and Spinal will also be offering rapid access appointments. This means employees will get guaranteed appointments within 24hrs and will receive 50% off their first initial consult.
- Employees will receive a 20% discount at the Terry White Chemist located at the Medical Centre. This is the same expert chemist that provides the free flu-vax every year for Youi employees.
- YourLife will continue to focus on the mental health and wellbeing of workers through free yoga classes. This will be perfect with the warm afternoons and helping to relax after a day at work.
While the YourLife program is all about you, it naturally helps build a sense of community around those who participate.
- The festive season is nearly upon us! In December YourLife will host cupcake decorating to help get in the spirit and celebrate Christmas!
- A new year signals new goals. A refresh on the year before. In January, YourLife will help employees focus on goal setting for 2018 - whether it be fitness, personal achievements or saving tips.
- Setting up shop at the new HQ will see the return of past partnerships. Sunshine Coast Tafe will be bringing back the enjoyable “Lunch Box” sessions. Run over lunch breaks, these hands-on activities are designed to give employees a taste of things such as; clay sculpting, painting, drawing, nutrition, auto basics and many more.
With our move into the new HQ building nearly complete, the company is set to expand within the coming years. If a great working environment driven by core values and an awesome health and wellbeing program sounds good to you, then keep an eye out for any future job opportunities!