If you or someone at your house is under quarantine or feeling unwell due to an infectious disease, such as Coronavirus, or are expecting to be due to travel, please contact us on 13 YOUI (13 9684) to reschedule your service provider appointment for assessment or repairs until you complete your quarantine period.
To see the progress of your existing claim, you can access our online claims tracker using the unique code provided in your claims lodgement email.
Keeping you up to date
With the situation around Coronavirus constantly changing, we want to keep you updated about the plans we’re putting in place to limit its impact. Continuing to provide you with the information and services you need around your insurance, while making sure our people aren’t put at unnecessary risk, is paramount right now.
We feel that by being proactive now, it will put us and our company in a better place later. And importantly, allow us to maintain the high level of service you’ve come to expect from Youi.
Proactive safety measures
When it comes to face-to-face meetings with customers for claims and assessments, our staff and service providers are actively enacting measures to keep our employees, contractors, customers and members of the public safe.
We will continue to monitor and enact all measures as recommended by the Australian Government in response to the emerging COVID-19 outbreak, including travel restrictions and quarantine periods for our people.
Actions we're taking
Cleaning & sanitisation
We’re putting full-time office cleaning resources in place as well as proactively using full office bio disinfected sanitisation solutions.
We're upgrading to the highest spec air-conditioning filtration system for offices.
Call centre zoning
We’re establishing three standalone call centres at the Youi Sunshine Coast HQ – allocated to each floor, with dedicated entry/exit points, common areas and bathrooms – and adequate social distancing is being implemented.
Working from home
We’re setting our people up to work from home in a controlled and responsible manner.
We’re proactively managing the risk of all vulnerable staff or staff in contact with vulnerable people.
Safety & service
We’re checking in with our customers about their own circumstances, to ensure the safety of our people and to manage service levels.
We’re staying in frequent contact with service providers to ensure they are enacting the same proactive measures as we are, to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We’re regularly updating information on this page as the situation changes, to keep customers informed and up to date.
Things you can do
We’re here to listen when you need us. Call us on 13YOUI (13 9684).
Alternatively, you can make updates or changes to your Youi policy, via our online policy manager. If you need to make a claim, you can also head over to our claims page.
If you need to find out what’s happening with an existing claim, you can access our online claims tracker using the unique code provided in your claims lodgement email. And if you need to get in touch with us, but would prefer us to contact you, complete the form on our contact page.
We’ll continue to update you as the situation changes. But for now, rest assured that we’re putting plans in place to minimise the impact on you and our people.
Your questions answered
To help answer any other questions you might have, we've put together the following FAQs.
Keeping our staff healthy is paramount, balanced equally with maintaining high service levels for customers. We’ve implemented new work from home solutions for our local teams and also have staff in New Zealand and South Africa to support. We also have great online tools for customers, so we’re well positioned to respond quickly and manage the effects of COVID-19. Saying that, we do ask for your patience and understanding as we implement new measures to keep our people safe.
Keeping our staff healthy is paramount, balanced equally with maintaining high service levels for customers.
We’re implementing extensive procedures to help keep our team members safe and customer impact minimal. As the situation evolves, adjustments will be made to ensure we have the right pandemic plan in place that will protect our employees and ensure continuity of our customer service.
From a customer perspective, Youi has capacity in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, as well as digital and work from home capacity, meaning we are well positioned to manage such a scenario. We do ask for your patience and understanding as we make adjustments to ensure we have the best pandemic plan in place.
Our Roadside Assistance crews remain on the road assisting our customers. If you or one of your passengers has cold or flu like symptoms though, please let us know so we can help keep our people safe from Coronavirus.
We are working hard to keep our people safe and customer disruptions minimal, and our claims teams continue to visit customers. However, if you or someone at your house is under quarantine or feeling unwell due to an infectious disease, such as Coronavirus, or are expecting to be due to travel, please delay your booking and let us know as soon as possible to prevent our people being put at risk. Simply call 13 YOUI (13 9684) to reschedule.
COVID-19 Temporary Insurance Cashback Terms and Conditions – Car and Home policies (Terms)
- From 1 July 2020 until 30 September 2020 (unless extended by Youi in its absolute discretion), a temporary cashback of 10% of the monthly premium paid (Cashback) is available for Youi customers holding car, building, building and contents or contents only insurance policies for three months from the date a customer notifies Youi that they are temporarily using their car less, or spending more time at home, due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- This offer is open for acceptance between 1 July 2020 until 30 September 2020 inclusive (Eligibility Period).
- Youi will automatically provide the Cashback to Customers who opted in to the earlier COVID-19 Car Insurance Cashback (offered to Customers between the dates of 6 April 2020 and 30 June 2020) for a further three months.
- A reference to “Policy” in these Terms is to a Youi car or home insurance policy which is active, paid and underwritten and issued by Youi Pty Ltd (Youi) during the Eligibility Period, or a quote for such policies during the Eligibility Period. A Policy excludes home policies for unoccupied premises or where you have a tenant occupying your premises or available for a tenant to lease. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms excludes a tenant with a contents only policy from claiming the Cashback.
- Customers are eligible to obtain the Cashback on all existing or new Policies provided they notify Youi (either by phone, or via the Policy Manager on the Youi website) in relation to each Policy held that they are temporarily:
- using their car(s) less for car Policies; or
- at home more for home Policies,
- The Cashback applies to the monthly premium paid (or monthly portion of the annual or quarterly premium paid) on each Policy for a period of three months (unless extended or varied).
- Due to the unknown nature of the COVID-19 crisis, and the rapidly changing environment, following the three months the Cashback is paid, Youi reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the Cashback offer at any time on written notice to customers.
- Where a Policy premium has been paid annually or quarterly, Youi will pay the Cashback to the Customer monthly for three months, on the same date each month that the Policy was originally entered into, commencing one month following your acceptance of this offer, to the card or bank account used to pay for the Policy.
- Where a Policy premium is paid monthly, Youi will pay the Cashback to the customer monthly for three months following acceptance of this offer, to the card or bank account used to pay for the Policy.
- The Cashback is available in addition to any other offer, discount, or promotion offered by Youi.
- Youi Policies are subject to its usual underwriting and pricing criteria and Product Disclosure Statement as they apply to each contract period.
- Where a Customer misses a payment on a Policy, the Cashback will not be paid by Youi to the Customer for that month.
Dated 1 July 2020